retake the DAT or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tamkhan

Kala Budha
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

just need some advice. i have a score of 21 AA, 22TS and 17PAT on the canadian dat, and i need to know if i should take the US DAT to improve my chances. i ask because I applied last year with these scores (and a 3.57 gpa), and I have had no luck at all!

thanks

oh, and one more thing. would it be a good idea for me to send out my canadian scores when I submit my app, and then let the schools know that I will be taking the US dat later on? I plan on writing the US dat sometime in mid july. you guys think thats a reasonable date?

Members don't see this ad.

Those are some pretty good stats, didn't know it was so hard for canadians to get in. Did you apply late?

my file was complete in october

Members don't see this ad :)
It is probably not your DAT scores that are not getting you accepted. I had a 20 AA, 21 TS, and 18 PAT, and was not accepted this year. But when I spoke to the admissions commitee about my application, they told me that my DAT and GPA (3.6) were fine. They just felt that I had not shadowed enough. They said that they want to see 100+ hours. Just try and get out there and shadow as much as you can.

It is probably not your DAT scores that are not getting you accepted. I had a 20 AA, 21 TS, and 18 PAT, and was not accepted this year. But when I spoke to the admissions commitee about my application, they told me that my DAT and GPA (3.6) were fine. They just felt that I had not shadowed enough. They said that they want to see 100+ hours. Just try and get out there and shadow as much as you can.

I agree...DAT's/GPA sounds fine...maybe more volunteer/dental work will help...

My DAT is a 21AA/22TS/18PAT, pretty much the same as yours. If you have any scores below an 18 on any section you should retake it if you have the time to study for it.