Retaken classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

So will my chances of getting accepted into dental school (mainly OSU) decrease?

• OH Yes! just become a dental hygienist

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No! As long as you got an A the fourth time, your good.

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Reemers

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello

I am doing well in all my classes except for this one math class that I have gotten a D in 3 times :(. I kept retaking it and i ended up taking it 3 times. The 4th time I got an A. With me retaking this class soo many times decrease my chances of getting into dental school in ANY way??:confused:

Well it doesn't look good. I mean it is one thing to fail it once and retake and get an A, but seriously 3 times failing the same class? I didn't know you could retake the same class that many times. All I can say is that you better have a good explanation for failing it 3 times, because it will show up on your transcripts, and it will effect your gpa when AADSAS calculates it.

The problem is, that every time you retake a class, they expect you to do better than the last time. Like others said, you will need to explain it.

What class is this? Hopefully it is upper level stats or calculus and not pre-calc.