retaking a calculus class

Started by billsauce
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

billsauce

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so i took a calculus class back when i was 16 and immature at a community college and it was worth 7.5 credits and i got a C. I then matured and i took calc 1 again in college, it was worth 5 credits and got an A. I plan on taking calc 2 in the spring after i have already applied to pharmacy school.

since i have started college i have gotten a 3.93 gpa at oregon state university, and i am on the d1 track team and I also have a pharmacy technician job (as well as inpateient pharmacy work and shadows). I plan on applying to USC, UCSD, OSU, and UCSF. but what i am worried about is the 7.5 credits in calc that i got a C in.

whats gonna happen????? :scared::scared::scared:
 
Oooohhh! I heard of this happening once before. I think I remember that if you were to do this, you might, MIGHT have a chance of being accepted, but I am not sure.


Sounds harrowing though for sure.

Yeah I would be really worried if I were OP, I've heard a lot of stories about getting rejected from pharmacy school due to a C in calculus.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They'll look at your C with squinty eyes, completely disregarding all of your other A's, then proceed to pull out a flamethrower and burn your application GG.

/end sarcasm
 
Most of the time, admission committees will take students whom apply to pharmacy school with a C in calculus and will take your overall GPA and turn it backwards. So if you have a 3.21 GPA, they will mark down a GPA of 1.23. In your case though you're very very lucky; with a 3.93 I think you will be OK.
 
Most of the time, admission committees will take students whom apply to pharmacy school with a C in calculus and will take your overall GPA and turn it backwards. So if you have a 3.21 GPA, they will mark down a GPA of 1.23. In your case though you're very very lucky; with a 3.93 I think you will be OK.

That's a good point. But I've also heard that they'll regard your GPA as 1.00 less than the calculated GPA, so 3.93 becomes 2.93. But I think this depends on the school. I would contact the admissions committee for specific info.
 
That's a good point. But I've also heard that they'll regard your GPA as 1.00 less than the calculated GPA, so 3.93 becomes 2.93. But I think this depends on the school. I would contact the admissions committee for specific info.

👍