Aug 15, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I am a post-bacc student taking the remainder of my pre-reqs because I decided on dental school late and I graduated with my Accounting degree. I am at a different University than the one I received my degree from, I don't know if that will make a difference or not. Anyways, I took the basic biology courses my freshman year and received a C. I am planning on retaking that course now because it has been so long since I had it that I'm just refreshing myself for the DAT, it really has nothing to do with the grade. However, I'm just wondering what that will look like on my application. Will they look down on retaking such a low-level class? How will it affect my science GPA if I get a higher grade this time around? Etc... Thanks for your help.

4thMolar

5+ Year Member
May 25, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
It's fine that you're taking the rest of your pre-reqs at a different university, as long as it's an accredited four year university. I don't think adcoms will look down on the fact that you are re-taking it since it's been so long since you took it the first time. When you fill out your AADSAS application, you'll need to input both grades and classes from each university, which will factor into your overall GPA.