Retaking after applying??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Johnwickk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this fall, i plan to retake a couple of courses which i screwed up in first year of university. Courses like economics (D) and archaeology (D+). My science GPA is still around a 3.5-3.6, but i was wondering that will schools wait to send me an interview invite AFTER i finish these courses? Can they make a decision prior to me finishing these courses in december?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think they would still invite you to interview (assuming the rest of your application is strong) if you specifically state your intention to retake them this fall. The new grade can be either updated in AACOMAS or emailed directly to the admissions rep/committee (At some point, you can no longer update things like grades on AACOMAS but I'm not sure when this cut-off is). I don't think those classes will hurt you too much considering they are not CBPS related courses. If you want a direct answer, it may not hurt to speak with an admissions rep about it. Good luck!

EDIT: I noticed your profile says pre-dental. Is this post in the right place? lol

Reactions: 1 user
Thoae retakes will not impact your getting an interview, but whatever you do don't make below a C as some schools can decide to withdraw an acceptance if you do. With those courses it would be unlikely but you would have to send an updated transcript and better to send with A or B and not risk it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they would still invite you to interview (assuming the rest of your application is strong) if you specifically state your intention to retake them this fall. The new grade can be either updated in AACOMAS or emailed directly to the admissions rep/committee (At some point, you can no longer update things like grades on AACOMAS but I'm not sure when this cut-off is). I don't think those classes will hurt you too much considering they are not CBPS related courses. If you want a direct answer, it may not hurt to speak with an admissions rep about it. Good luck!

EDIT: I noticed your profile says pre-dental. Is this post in the right place? lol

LOL yes its supposed to say Pre-Medical, idk why it said pre dental lol. Thanks for the help

Thoae retakes will not impact your getting an interview, but whatever you do don't make below a C as some schools can decide to withdraw an acceptance if you do. With those courses it would be unlikely but you would have to send an updated transcript and better to send with A or B and not risk it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thank you

No problem! If it makes you feel any better, I received a 2.0 (C) in Physics II and Orgo II and I have 3 IIs with stats listed in my sig :)

No problem! If it makes you feel any better, I received a 2.0 (C) in Physics II and Orgo II and I have 3 IIs with stats listed in my sig :)

Thats solid, did you apply early? Only problem with my application is my mcat is next friday so ill have my scores by october :((

Thats solid, did you apply early? Only problem with my application is my mcat is next friday so ill have my scores by october :((

I had my primary submitted on 7/4 with coursework verified 7/18. So not super early! Is it your first attempt? Just kill it and I imagine 70%< percentile will boost you a bit.