• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!
Aug 21, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I got a C+ in Orgo 1 and a B in Orgo 2.
I got a C- in Cell Bio.

Should I retake Orgo 1 and Cell Bio for DO?

Thanks.
I retook General Biology 1 (C+) and general chemistry 2 (B-) during undergrad and got A's in both. My reasoning was not for the grade, it was to give me stronger foundational knowledge for the MCAT. I have only been asked about them once in interviews and it was not "why did you retake", it was "what did you change in your study habits when you retook class xyz".

I think there is more risk than worth it when you are retaking classes just because if you retake and do the same or worse it brings red flags into your application. When you retake a course the expectation is you have developed the discipline and ability to get an A, and any sub-optimal grade brings your judgment into question. But if you are confident in your ability to get an A, and have solid reasoning for retaking then it can not hurt.

About the Ads
Jul 30, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.