Retaking classes after completing AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aedelste

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about retaking Physics II this summer at the school I'm working at (I'd get an employee discount). However, I wanted to apply as early as possible.

My question(s), if I complete my AMCAS in June, would I be able to include the new grade in secondaries? For example, SUNY Downstate secondary tells you to put down your pre-req. Would I just put in my new grade, the average, both of them? Would I submit my summer transcript with the secondary? Is it worth submitting my AMCAS a couple of months later than I could?

Thanks a bunch! I'd appreciate any similar experiences people could share.

Members don't see this ad.

I was thinking about retaking Physics II this summer at the school I'm working at (I'd get an employee discount). However, I wanted to apply as early as possible.

My question(s), if I complete my AMCAS in June, would I be able to include the new grade in secondaries? For example, SUNY Downstate secondary tells you to put down your pre-req. Would I just put in my new grade, the average, both of them? Would I submit my summer transcript with the secondary? Is it worth submitting my AMCAS a couple of months later than I could?

Thanks a bunch! I'd appreciate any similar experiences people could share.

You don't have to have all of your pre-reqs completed when you submit your AMCAS. By no means should you delay your AMCAS submission to wait for the grade. Submit your AMCAS in June, then send an updated transcript to the schools in the fall.