Retaking classes and applying to USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

notadoctorx

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do PT programs look at retaken classes
I have 1 F
4 Ds
from earlier on in my studies and retook and received all A's. My GPA with retaken courses comes to 3.6 (??). Do I stand a chance at UCS?
 
I'm not certain because it is also based on your GRE and experiences. I was rejected from USC with a 3.6 cgpa and a 3.6 prereq gpa and a GRE of 150 151 and 4.5. I have 225 hours of inpatient and outpatient experience. Idk what others have but just my experience. Maybe contact the school and ask how they feel about retaken classes? They are a really competitive school so I would just ask them. Best of luck to you!
 
you're stats are really good though! I spoke to someone on here who got in with a 3.1... and they didn't have any wow-factors to their app. I will try contacting them. Best of luck getting in somewhere else
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got into USC with 3.5 cum gpa and 3.9 prereq gpa. GRE scores were 160 verb, 154 math and 4.0 essay. I hope this helps you with your research.
 
@sabino3 How do/did you like USC's program? Were you able to gain any scholarships? Also how long after you applied did you hear back about acceptance?
 
I was admitted to USC just this cycle, had a 3.3 cGPA and 3.96 pGPA, GRE was 159/159/4.0, Observation Hours were 135 Outpatient & 68 In-patient... I applied Early Decision and heard back 9/24
From what I understand the way PT programs calculate your GPA can vary, but i'm pretty sure that PTCAS requires you list all grades.
 
Awesome @Triggerco! are you attending USC or waiting for more offers?

Yep! I did Early Decision. It was great to hear back from USC only a month after submitting... I've read about people not hearing back till Late April/May, so i'm feeling good.

@BAKE84 I saw that you applied to USC as well - have you heard anything?
 
Yep! I did Early Decision. It was great to hear back from USC only a month after submitting... I've read about people not hearing back till Late April/May, so i'm feeling good.

@BAKE84 I saw that you applied to USC as well - have you heard anything?

I did apply! Just recently. PTCAS app was sent 11/4. Considering taking the GRE once more. I'll shoot you a private message in a little bit! 🙂