Retaking classes for vet school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

serendipity14

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I was wondering what science grades people recommend to retake. My lowest grades are a C in advanced orgo one and C- in advanced orgo two. I’m definitely retaking orgo two but I was wondering if I should also retake orgo one even though a “C” is acceptable by schools. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on your overall GPA, what your stats are like, and whether you have the time/money to retake both.

Reactions: 3 users
Depends on your overall GPA, what your stats are like, and whether you have the time/money to retake both.

This. Although I'm going to go out a limb and say in most cases, I doubt retaking a single C would make significant enough of a difference in your GPA to be worth the money of a retake.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Thank you for answering! The main reason I wanted to retake courses was to get my science GPA up since it is below average for most schools I want to apply to. I also was going to take courses like animal nutrition online this summer since my undergrad institution didn’t offer it (and for the same reason, for my science gpa and as well as the knowledge). I’m applying to vet school this cycle but I’ve been saving up for apps/summer classes because I knew I wanted to retake orgo two. I might just stick to retaking the orgo 2 and taking courses I didn’t get the chance to take it at my college. Thank you again!

This. Although I'm going to go out a limb and say in most cases, I doubt retaking a single C would make significant enough of a difference in your GPA to be worth the money of a retake.

Thank you for your advice!! I was worried about that too, spending the money for the summer course and it won’t make much of a difference. My main concern/reason for taking summer classes (whether it be a new course or a retake) was to get my science GPA up. I was looking into schools that do grade replacement rather than average the two so that’s why I was considering retaking both!