Retaking classes in post bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AmcyLi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am graduating next year. Is it better to stay a extra semester and retake or graduate and do retake post bac.
Does AACOMAS count post bac retakes as replacement for the undergraduate courses?

Members don't see this ad.

I am graduating next year. Is it better to stay a extra semester and retake or graduate and do retake post bac...

Completely up to you. Figure out which is easier/cheaper for you. That said, its much easier to take retakes at the same university as there is a guarantee they will count as retakes and be identical courses.

...Does AACOMAS count post bac retakes as replacement for the undergraduate courses?

Yes, provided the retakes have roughly the same course descriptions (i.e. cover the same materials) and have equal to or greater credits than the courses they are replacing.

You can retake anywhere, but they have to be same or greater course number and same or greater semester hours.

I'd check local community colleges for potential replacements before staying at your UG to retake. but like @hallowmann said, it's easier if it's at the same institution because you KNOW it will count. that and you get to spend some more time at a school you hopefully love and can continue relationships with your letter writers, etc.

how many classes do you need to retake? maybe you are close to a minor that you could get while you're retaking your other courses?

i'd suggest taking as close to 12 hours as possible though so that you have the most amount of time to work on app, etc.