retaking classes quarter vs semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stacyone21

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a year off while I wait to apply for pharm school 2009...while I wait I'm trying to improve my application. I want to retake a biochemistry class that I got a C- in. The problem is I took the class at a school that's a quarter system, this class being the second class (B) of a 2 part biochem series (A & B). If I retake the class at a semester school will the new grade replace both of the old biochem classes I took at the quarter school since 1 semester=2 quarters??

I'm just kind of confused how it'd work to try and replace grades taken at a quarter system with semester classes.


thanks for the help!
 
I have a year off while I wait to apply for pharm school 2009...while I wait I'm trying to improve my application. I want to retake a biochemistry class that I got a C- in. The problem is I took the class at a school that's a quarter system, this class being the second class (B) of a 2 part biochem series (A & B). If I retake the class at a semester school will the new grade replace both of the old biochem classes I took at the quarter school since 1 semester=2 quarters??

I'm just kind of confused how it'd work to try and replace grades taken at a quarter system with semester classes.


thanks for the help!


PharmCAS doesn't replace grades. If you retake the class at a semester school, you will get 1.33 times more units since a semester is actually 1.33 quarters. Nothing gets replaced, but at least you will get units that will boost your GPA.