Retaking courses and Labs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gorillaz2332

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am planning on retaking some of my pre reqs (Chemistry, Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, etc. ). If I took Anatmoy and Physiology II that was both lecture and lab and I retake it via an online course at a community college is this ok? Obviously the online course DOES NOT have a lab. Is there any way to combine the two since I already took an A&P lab? I understand that it will be specific to a school but I was wondering if anybody has had to deal with anything like this.
 
It completely depends on the school. I retook both bio and chem online. The schools were able to count my lab that I already took previously. So it wasn't a big deal that I didn't retake the lab. Def make sure your lab is current enough (usually 10
Years). Another thing I did was in the case of physics, I did an online course and then projected the lab out for the spring semester (in person) after applications. That way I had some flexibility and wasn't going to take it if I didn't need to (I ended up getting interviews from 2 schools who didn't need that retake so I just didn't enroll).
 
It completely depends on the school. I retook both bio and chem online. The schools were able to count my lab that I already took previously. So it wasn't a big deal that I didn't retake the lab. Def make sure your lab is current enough (usually 10
Years). Another thing I did was in the case of physics, I did an online course and then projected the lab out for the spring semester (in person) after applications. That way I had some flexibility and wasn't going to take it if I didn't need to (I ended up getting interviews from 2 schools who didn't need that retake so I just didn't enroll).
What schools did you look at that counted the lab you took previously?