Retaking DAT do schools have to know

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apollo2bd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If someone takes the DAT, I guess first time or retake they do not have to have the scores sent to any schools if they dont want to, do they?

I know there are the 4 or 5 schools that are included in the fee for the test but can you leave that blank so you can decide if you want to send the results to the schools after you see how you did.

Members don't see this ad.

When ADA sends your scores to your designated schools, it includes your previous scores from up to 3 of your last attempts. So even if you don't send your first scores to schools, they will see it when the score report for your second test is sent.

When ADA sends your scores to your designated schools, it includes your previous scores from up to 3 of your last attempts. So even if you don't send your first scores to schools, they will see it when the score report for your second test is sent.

I didn't know this. Where did you get this info from?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's true. I took the DAT twice and at two of my interviews this Fall they asked me how I prepared for the DAT the second time as prepared to the first time. When you send your DAT scores they send ALL OF YOUR SCORES to each school.

I called ADA a few months ago with a similar question and that's what they told me..

It's true. I took the DAT twice and at two of my interviews this Fall they asked me how I prepared for the DAT the second time as prepared to the first time. When you send your DAT scores they send ALL OF YOUR SCORES to each school.

Thanks guys. Do you know if there's an expiration date on this? Would scores from 4 yrs ago be sent with new ones?

Thanks guys. Do you know if there's an expiration date on this? Would scores from 4 yrs ago be sent with new ones?

DAT scores are only valid for 3 years so even if they were sent, which I am unsure of, they would be irrelevant.