Retaking DAT mid-Sept?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentalhopeful2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took DAT June 12 and was disastrous. GPA 3.2, AA 16, TS 15, PAT 18. Was feeling ill and shouldn't gone to test center that day. Admittedly was not fully prepared for exam.

Got depressed over my scores but now feeling like I can do better and signed up for Sept 16 DAT.

Is it too late? There's no other choice for me. Advice? Aiming for big private like NYU and BU.

Members don't see this ad.

That's all you can do. There's no way you can apply with those stats. Study hard and try not to get sick on test day again.

Have you notified the schools? You need to do so or they will look at your first test results

Members don't see this ad :)
@dbd You think I would have good chances if I get 21+?

@shyfox9p Yes I did notify via email and phone. Was told they would wait for new scores and to fax when I retake.

Last edited:
Took DAT June 12 and was disastrous. GPA 3.2, AA 16, TS 15, PAT 18. Was feeling ill and shouldn't gone to test center that day. Admittedly was not fully prepared for exam.

Got depressed over my scores but now feeling like I can do better and signed up for Sept 16 DAT.

Is it too late? There's no other choice for me. Advice? Aiming for big private like NYU and BU.

Im in a very similar situation to yours. Glad to know Im not alone haha
Are you sending your app or waiting till you retake?
What schools are you applying to?