Retaking DAT on 10/12

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tlsgPdud

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

my gpa is overall 3.87 (science 3.78)
my DAT score is AA20 (PAT19 QR21 RC18 Bio19 Chem21 Orgo21 )

I really want to go to harvard dental school (I am into research!)
I am planning to retake it on 10/12 but i assume that they don't accept the unofficial copy of DAT score, which means that they will get the official score around end of nov.

btw, i already submitted everything and they review it just once so if i want to update the score, they won't look at it until I give them my new score..
i dont know what to do :(

Is it too late for me to retake it?
should I just go with my old score?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello,

my gpa is overall 3.87 (science 3.78)
my DAT score is AA20 (PAT19 QR21 RC18 Bio19 Chem21 Orgo21 )

I really want to go to harvard dental school (I am into research!)
I am planning to retake it on 10/12 but i assume that they don't accept the unofficial copy of DAT score, which means that they will get the official score around end of nov.

Is it too late for me to retake it?
when is the best time to retake the test?

thanks!

Just apply and write a personal statement discussing yourself, dentistry, and your secret obsession of dental research....

You bad boy

Or

You bad girl

Apply now!

I already applied!
the thing is that they put a hold on the application if one wants to update his/her dat score

Members don't see this ad :)
Just apply and write a personal statement discussing yourself, dentistry, and your secret obsession of dental research....

You bad boy

Or

You bad girl

Apply now!
i did... apply already
the thing is that i dont know if I have to keep my old score or retake it (they won't look at my app until I submit the official score)

I already applied!
the thing is that they put a hold on the application if one wants to update his/her dat score

Don't put any future daT date....

Are you Canadian?

That's not a bad score. My advice is don't retake and lower your sights a little but. You just need a license to fix teeth, not a shot to your ego.

Reactions: 1 user
no im not..
so u think its better for me to keep my old score?

For now yes....

But still continue with your plan to retake.

But do not put next DAT retake date!

Let them view your app as it is...
If you put an anticipated retake date, they COULD be like oh let's wait and see with this applicant, YOU.

Or

Roll the dice, don't put no date, and let them judge your app right now....

October is late for Harvard, I think... They stop checking after November or December...

I agree, don't list the retake date and let them see your app as is, but keep studying for your retake. Then if you don't hear from them in the next month, you can email them saying you are retaking the DAT to improve your chances of gaining admission. Who knows, you may get an interview and not have to retake the exam.

I don't think it is wise to take the DAT again. I mean that's another $350+ To spend. Plus U of Mchigan is the number 1 ranked dental school and actually receives more funding for research than any other dental school in the nation. And that's a late date for the DAT. It's best to just apply as you are.

There are plenty of other schools that focus on research.

Let's face it. Harvard is a small and private school. They are very selective with their prospective student, but we do know that you need a really high DAT and GPA To get in.

Not saying you don't have a chance, but I am saying you should be open-minded when you are applying.