Retaking DAT Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RachMSU

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I have to take the DAT again and my 90 days will be up on Oct. 28. I already sent in my online application to take the test again. For the people that have taken it twice, do you know if ADA will mail me that letter where I can register for the DAT soon or do they wait until the 90 are complete? I ask because I would like to schedule my test for Oct. 30 and I am worried that if they wait until the 90 days are over I might have to take it the following Sat. which would be my birthday :(

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Rach,

Had the same question awhile ago :) I went ahead and called ADEA and asked them how that worked, and I got two totally different responses. The first woman told me that I had to wait to reregister to take the exam or that I would forfeit my scores. (This, btw, was after I went ahead and reregistered BEFORE the 90 days were up...but was waiting to retake it UNTIL the 90 days are up). Then she said, well...she really wasn't totally sure so she forwarded my call to another woman who said, that me registering early was not a problem, and they would notify me and the Prometric Testing Center when the days were up. That said, I reregistered about a month after I took the exam in June. I didnt' hear anything from them until about 2 weeks ago when they sent me a letter telling me I could go ahead and reregister (my 90days is on September 4th). So I made sure to pick a date after the 4th, and everything was chill...no problems. So, YES you can reregister but make definite sure you don' ttake it prior to the 90 day lapse.

Beachluvr

So what would happen if you did register for a retake before the 90 days? Would it not be allowed or do the schools take that as a negative thing? I'm just curious because I'm planning to retake it but really don't want to wait that long.

Sign up before the 90 days and absolutely nothing happens. When you get the letter saying you can call Prometric, then register. That's what I did. Simple as that.