Retaking DAT Tomorrow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeachLuvr

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, Samurai...about to be like you, hopefully :) Getting ready to take the big exam tomorrow, and honestly...not so much nervous...more excited to see how much better we can do this time. I've taken a lot of advice from y'all who have rocked some serious DAT magic, and hopefully it'll pay off tomorrow...stay posted. And thanks everyone for posting your second-timer results and tips

The Beach

Members don't see this ad.

hehe.. Goodluck beachluvr i know you'll do great!

"All things must come to an end...that is the way of the samurai" - Hagakure

Just think, you've already been through this before and know what to expect. Stay calm and remember that you are in control. You'll do great! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
awwwl thanks y'all... :oops: Totally feeling the :love: Going to bed so'll be fresh in the morning :rolleyes:

Beachluvr

Classifieds: Seeking someone strong enough to keep me off of this site for a day. Just a day!

You can do it!

Like I told someone on this forum before; go to the test and act like you freakin wrote the dam thing!

confidence is all its about.

I'll be waiting to see how you did; I'm sure you did just fine though.

I wish you the best of luck...

good luck. I'm sure you'll do just fine~ Just try to stay calm and don't cram till last minute... that just makes you tense. Just relax and do your best and try not to put too much pressure on yourself =)

Well...I've finished. And things went okay the second time...SOOO much more relaxed. Most everything went up...most.

DAT 1st Time: 17AA/18TS/17PA
This time: 18AA/17TS/18PA

Overal GPA: 3.66
Science GPA: 3.4
Non-Science: 3.93

Applied to: All Texas Schools, NYU, Meharry

I don't know what happened with General Chemistry...It pulled things down...I thought I had done awesome there. But I managed to swing a 21 on the Reading Comprehension. Don't tell you're kids, but reading is a waste of time.

Kaplan was right on point with most all concepts, and because I figured I knew gen. chem so well the first time, I spent less time with it the second time, and more on biology and organic. Anyway, I'm just glad to finally be at the average. Thanks y'all...and those still yet to take, go get 'em ~

Beachluvr

BeachLuvr said:
Well...I've finished. And things went okay the second time...SOOO much more relaxed. Most everything went up...most.

DAT 1st Time: 17AA/18TS/17PA
This time: 18AA/17TS/18PA

Overal GPA: 3.66
Science GPA: 3.4
Non-Science: 3.93

Applied to: All Texas Schools, NYU, Meharry

I don't know what happened with General Chemistry...It pulled things down...I thought I had done awesome there. But I managed to swing a 21 on the Reading Comprehension. Don't tell you're kids, but reading is a waste of time.

Kaplan was right on point with most all concepts, and because I figured I knew gen. chem so well the first time, I spent less time with it the second time, and more on biology and organic. Anyway, I'm just glad to finally be at the average. Thanks y'all...and those still yet to take, go get 'em ~

Beachluvr

Congrats on your scores!!! I know I have asked this to the others before but I am nervous , so I ask again : So for chem ( both gen and org) ; the concepts in Kaplan are enuff to learn rite?? I have been out of school for quite a long time!!

Thanx
g3k

g3k...Kaplan on chemistry is exactly, I would say, sufficient. Probably more than. For organic chemistry ummm I really couldn't say. I had a very difficult program at my university, they expected you to know SO many minute reactions and concepts, so I really didn't read organic for Kaplan...just skimmed. I didn't see anything on the exam that I don't remember breezing over in the book

congrats beachluvr.....you earned it....now relax and take it easy....great job on the RC by the way....:) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hey There,
Than you for quoting me..It's good to be remembered and respected LOL :D

justletmein said:
hehe.. Goodluck beachluvr i know you'll do great!

"All things must come to an end...that is the way of the samurai" - Hagakure

Since when is 18/18 Avg?????? I thought the national avg was 17/17??

g3k said:
so I ask again : So for chem ( both gen and org) ; the concepts in Kaplan are enuff to learn rite?? I have been out of school for quite a long time!!

Thanx
g3k
I believe Kaplan's oc is sufficient or more. I had a tough oc professor too. His class average was around 50. I found Kaplan easier than his stuff, but sufficient for the DAT. The real DAT was actually easier than Kaplan's subject tests IMO. Stay calm, you'll do fine. I only had 20 mins to do my OC portion. When I realized that, I managed to stay calm. It helped a lot. Good luck.