Retaking DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Snowflake10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was a bit iffy on whether or not I was going to retake the DAT, so I did not put that I was going to retake it (or the date for that matter) on my application before I sent it. However, now that I have decided to retake it, what do I have to do to let my schools know that I will be taking it? Do I call each school up? or contact AADSAS/TMDSAS? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I was a bit iffy on whether or not I was going to retake the DAT, so I did not put that I was going to retake it (or the date for that matter) on my application before I sent it. However, now that I have decided to retake it, what do I have to do to let my schools know that I will be taking it? Do I call each school up? or contact AADSAS/TMDSAS? Thanks in advance!

This might be a trivial first step, however I would make sure the schools you applied to are checked off to receive your new scores when signing up. Also, if you received a request for a secondary like I have for MWU-IL, a question on there asks if you plan on retaking the DAT. I'm guessing this is probably a common question on the secondaries for this very reason (that applicants are on the fence). It wouldn't hurt either to call the folks at AADSAS if your app haven't been sent out yet, and they could possibly edit it? And lastly, I would call the school to possibly put your app on hold until you get your new scores, or see what they thought on the matter.

Unfortunately, I sent out my MWU-IL secondary app before I signed up to take the DAT as well, but I'll definitely try contacting AADSAS and the schools :) Thanks for your advice!