Retaking English course...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

centrinoduo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a postbac student who's been away from college for roughly 4 years. I had this bad english grade during my freshman year of college (let's say I didn't pass because I simply did not care to submit the final essay...). I've heard D.O. is willing to replace your old grade with a new one so I am looking to retake the english class to do just that to my english grade.

Now the question...

If I were to take an english class from my postbac college, would AACOMA recognize that I had somehow "retaken" English class? Or would I have to go back to my old school and retake this? How would AACOMA recognize that I had retaken English if I were to decide to take another English at my postbac school, intending to replace my old english class? Btw, my problematic English class was called Narrative.

I was a philosophy major, so yes, I did take other English courses after that and did okay. It's just one that I received the failing grade was the one that was from English department, meaning on a transcript the course title was Eng 114. Other english courses I took afterwards were:

(Coli stands for Comparative Literature)

Coli 111 (world literature II) : B
Coli 280v (Gothic Fiction/horror films) : A
Coli 211B (Literature and Psychology) : A-

Of course these are the only English type of courses that I have listed. So what would you say? Do you believe I should retake ENG titled course from same school? Or is it okay if I were to take ENG titled course from my postbac school? Do you think AACOMA would recognize any intro level of ENG titled course from different school as a replacement course?

Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

It's been a while since I filled out the app, but there is a way of denoting the courses and the retakes. They do have to be the same course, however... so bio 101 has to be a bio 101 or 105 with a similar course name.