Retaking Lab course or no

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msuboy1111

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am retaking some of my undergraduate courses that I have received low grades on like General Chemistry and General Biology. My first time around these courses had the Lab combined into one course. I am now retaking them at a new university and they are taught separately. Can I get away with just retaking the Lecture portion and not the lab, or for a full retake will I have to retake the lab as well???

Members don't see this ad.

Did you receive below a "C" or 2.0 in those classes the first time?

Members don't see this ad :)
You must retake both then, unfortunately. If you want, take the lecture at the university and the lab at a a community college. Try to get As! Good luck.

I am retaking some of my undergraduate courses that I have received low grades on like General Chemistry and General Biology. My first time around these courses had the Lab combined into one course. I am now retaking them at a new university and they are taught separately. Can I get away with just retaking the Lecture portion and not the lab, or for a full retake will I have to retake the lab as well???
What are your overall grades? I have C's in my introclasses but A's in my upperlevels so I opted not to retake. It doesnt hurt to retake the classes however and it is in your best interest to retake imo.