1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Retaking math classes

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by playthatfunky, Nov 13, 2005.

1. playthatfunky

playthatfunky Member
    5+ Year Member

I'm a post bacc'r but you guys are the best/fastest at answering questions it seems.

I got a C in calculus when I went to college several years back. If I retake that class both grades will be averaged in my GPA that I know. What I want to know is:

1) Can I start by taking an algebra class or precalc? Would that be frowned upon or disqualified (not included on my transcript or something)? I'm not sure I should jump right into calculus its been a lot of years.

2) When I do the AMCAS will I be pointing it out that it's the same class or will they figure it out? It's at a different school and has a different number (Math 124 at my undergrad Math169 at my new school) just wondering how that gets sorted out. I want them to see I did better the second time.

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. silas2642

silas2642 silas2642
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I was in the same boat as you, and believe me when I tell you no one cares about your calculus grade if it was a long time ago when you were unfocused and not really trying. No one has asked me about the C I got in calculus and they probably won't ask you either. The key for you now is to do very well in your post bacc classes so that you can show adcoms that you are capable of doing the work in med school. Don't worry about the math, you're fine.