Retaking my Chem 2 class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boothorp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a D in my Chem 2 class, while I was playing football. I since have quit football and transferred schools. Out of all my science credits Chem 1 and 2 are the only ones I haven't received a 4.0 in. My science GPA right now is at a 3.2. The only time I can retake it is next summer. Which also happens to be the summer I plan on applying for 2011 enrollment. My question is (I know I'm going to retake it) should I apply before actually completing the course which would end around mid-July or complete the class send transcripts in then apply?

Right now my cGPA is about a 3.2, which is about the same as my sGPA. Taking MCAT in January. The schools I am most interested in are Scholl, AZPod, and DMU (for location reasons). What do you guys think my chances are?

Members don't see this ad.

anyone have insight on when to apply? Before class is over or wait until it's done then apply?

If you are retaking the class next summer which is Summer 2010, you will be fine since the application procedure for class of 2015 will not even open until September 2010.

For example, I just took organic chemistry this summer. I am applying this September for the class of 2014. This means my summer class will show up on my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for heads up. I don't know why I keep thinking that it opens in June for some reason.