Retaking my OAT...

arredon9

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I took my OAT in Sept 11 and I was bummed with my scores I got a 280 AA/TS so obviously retaking it so my next is scheduled December 22nd. I was wondering if this is late to even get an interview by then? I mean I already got emails telling me to retake and they are unable to make a decision until then so that must mean some kind of good news?! Anyway, my study methods were not the best since I only studied for a month with all my other activities I had going on. I'm confident I can get above a 300 next try no problem, but I just worry about the delay. I used Chad's videos which were awesome and maybe I spent a little too much on watching rather than practicing (learned my lesson!) I bought OAT destroyer to get more practice questions done. I also made the mistake to not practice QR (again that was not good) and that ended up being my lowest score... If any of you have any questions about OAT feel free to ask!

Members don't see this ad.

It's not too late to get an interview by then. From what I've seen, schools still send interview invitations into the next year. I'm guessing everything else has already been processed for you so it shouldn't be delayed too much, but since December 22nd is near holiday time, you might not hear from schools until after the new year begins.

Don't be discouraged.
I scored a 280 TS/AA and I was recently accepted to PCO on 10/20.
I even received 4 different interviews (PCO, PUCO, NOVA, MWU)! Some schools will give you a conditional acceptance and then require that you retake the OAT before their due date. Some schools really care about OAT scores, while others take every aspect of your application into consideration. At Pacific University, though they harped on OAT/GPA, they actually cared a lot about my personal statement and my community work. My friend applied in late December and she was accepted at NOVA. Don't worry, you still have time!

Reactions: 1 users
Don't be discouraged.
I even received 4 different interviews (PCO, PUCO, NOVA, MWU)! Some schools will give you a conditional acceptance and then require that you retake the OAT before their due date. Some schools really care about OAT scores, while others take every aspect of your application into consideration. At Pacific University, though they harped on OAT/GPA, they actually cared a lot about my personal statement and my community work. My friend applied in late December and she was accepted at NOVA. Don't worry, you still have time!
Hey! Were you provisionally accepted to PCO with those scores?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't be discouraged.

That's great! Did they tell you, that you had to retake your OAT? or were they happy with it and just let the rest of your application look over it?

That's great! Did they tell you, that you had to retake your OAT? or were they happy with it and just let the rest of your application look over it?

During the interview, the adviser said that they might ask me to retake my OAT again but they might not. On my acceptance letter, they didn't ask me to retake the OAT. I was just simply accepted.

Reactions: 1 users