Retaking NBPME Part II

Started by DPM
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DPM

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I am retaking NBPME Part II, as I did not pass the first time around.

I contacted Prometric to see if the breakdown of questions were the same or if there would be any changes to the exam, and I was told that its the exact same exam distributed in March.

That's really helpful, as it would really help me figure out what areas I felt weakest in, but is that accurate? It seems incorrect. Just wondering if anyone had any experience retaking the exam, or if that info holds true.

Thanks guys.
 
Hey guys,

I am retaking NBPME Part II, as I did not pass the first time around.

I contacted Prometric to see if the breakdown of questions were the same or if there would be any changes to the exam, and I was told that its the exact same exam distributed in March.

That's really helpful, as it would really help me figure out what areas I felt weakest in, but is that accurate? It seems incorrect. Just wondering if anyone had any experience retaking the exam, or if that info holds true.

Thanks guys.

I honestly couldn't give you a straight answer but I will say I've often wondered about the percentage breakdown of the exams. I'm getting ready to take part III and it has a "breakdown" but I can't say I trust it! What I do use the breakdown for is subject matter. I make sure I know the areas they mention and don't concentrate on things that they don't mention.