retaking Orgo 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

penguin15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was forced to withdraw from Orgo 2 lab and lecture this spring due to health reasons but now I have 2 options: retake it during the summer(but ill be studying for dats) or take it this upcoming spring? I am applying this cycle and I am not worried about how it will affect my dats because I attended most of the class. Which option would dental school rather see me do or would they even care?

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't matter as long as you have it completed before you matriculate. For the DAT you need to know orgo 2 concepts, so I don't know how well you know it if you've withdrawn. If you know it well enough and covered most of the material before you withdrew, I would focus on studying for the DAT and take orgo 2 next semester.

i'm sure that's a good enough reason. if you are retaking because you failed it you should probably make an A+ because you DO NOT want to fail a prereq course.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think either would be fine, but maybe for the sake of going over later material, I know the DAT has tons of questions from Ochem II, it might be better to take it during the summer? Up to you, either would be fine probably - are there any other classes you won't be able to get into without having Ochem? I know Ochem was a pre-req for my Biochem.

wow vicviper ur right! I completely forgot about ochem 2 being a prereq for biochem and im registered for it in the fall! thanks!

Haha, and I added that point in as an edit after I posted it because I remembered it just then, glad I did, because that would have totally sucked if they didn't let you in Biochem for that.