Retaking physics 1 after completing physics 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nicole98

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a C- in physics 1 during the summer 2020 and it's the only C- on my transcript. However, I went ahead and took physics 2 last fall (2021) and got an A in that course. I already graduated with my bachelor's degree and am finishing the last of my prerequisite courses right now. I applied this past cycle and was told by one school that I didn't meet the GPA requirement and this is the only class I can think of that might have lead to that explanation because my GPA (while not great) is still above the minimum requirement. So, my question is, is it worth retaking physics 1 after I did well in physics 2? Or are there schools that will overlook it?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, it would be worth retaking Physics I. Many schools have the requirement that you must have achieved a C or better in all pre-requisite coursework and will deny your application the second they see your Physics I grade. You could double check to confirm with each of the schools that you are interested in, but I would guess that grade is what is holding you back .... Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user