Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Retaking Physics for DO Schools

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by SavageManAnimal, Dec 23, 2008.

1. SavageManAnimal

Pre-Medical
    I took calc based physics ~8 years ago on a quarter system and received grades of A, B, and C for the series.

I would like to retake physics as part of my process for upping my gpa for DO school applications; however, I will not be able to enroll in the calc based physics class for the next semester due to CA budget cuts. I do have the option of enrolling in non calc based physics. If I was to take that series, would the new physics grades (non calc) replace the old ones (calc based)? I'm guessing that they will not, and I need to wait another semester to enroll for the calc based versions.

Please advise.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrMidlife

DrMidlife has an opinion
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I took calc-based physics in 1988 and applied in 2007. So my first point is that you could pick other classes to up your GPA instead of physics, if you're thinking you're required to retake (which you're not).

The AACOMAS app lets you designate which courses are repeats of which courses. Calc vs. non-calc physics would be very tough for anybody but you to determine, unless calc is in the title. You can open up an app (and not submit it) if you want to see how it works.

Best of luck to you.