retaking physiology class with b?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AntonFreeman

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently in middle of terrible gpa repair. I earned a B in physiology course about 2 years ago at my undergrad and it was 4 quarter unit course. There was a 1 unit lab course but I could not get in. Would it be pointless to retake physiology with lab? I can not seem to find a school where they will only let me take the lab.
 
Hello. Do you plan on applying to allopathic or osteopathic schools? Or both?

The reason I ask is because osteopathic schools take grade replacements.
 
There's no benefit nor detriment in repeating physio, not really, DO or MD.

It's not a med school prereq.

If you take it at a different school it may or may not appear to be a repeat. Which gives you flexibility in how you report it.

If you repeat and don't get an A that's bad.

If you're going DO and looking to replace old grades, don't go after the B's. Go after lower grades.

Best of luck to you.