retaking pre-req science classes at CC after graduation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurenjdoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to retake two pre-reqs I got C's in during my undergrad at my 4-year school at a community college after I graduate. How would this look to adcomms?? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I want to retake two pre-reqs I got C's in during my undergrad at my 4-year school at a community college after I graduate. How would this look to adcomms?? Thank you.

I assume you want to do this because it's cheaper. You just tell them that. They're human too and this economy sucks. If you can save some money and still get a decent education... why not? There will certainly be those who follow this comment with, "Oh, it will look terrible, like you couldn't do well at the university so you took the easier route at community college."

Every time this question comes up some form of that statement shows up quickly. I don't agree. There's nothing inherently easier about community colleges. A class is a class is a class. Some of the hardest classes of my college career were taken there.

I had > 50% of my college classes from a community college when applying. No one ever asked me about it. It's really a non-issue. :luck: :thumbup:

It wouldn't be a problem at all! Especially after you've graduated.