Retaking Pre-Reqs for DPT Programs

Started by jakune
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jakune

Full Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!

I'm just wondering if retaking some courses replace the pre-requisite GPA or just average it out? Does it depend on the school?
 
Depends on the school. They usually mention it somewhere on their admissions requirements on their school website. I've had to email them and ask before though.
 
Hi!

I'm just wondering if retaking some courses replace the pre-requisite GPA or just average it out? Does it depend on the school?
If they are a PTCAS school, then the retakes are averaged. Now they can do their own calculations, but you generally would have to be above the cutoff GPA.

Some non PTCAS schools do replace courses. You just have to contact the schools you're interested in and see what their policies are.