Retaking prereqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashley25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am just looking for some direction on what to do about retaking prerequisites. I was going to retake 2 in the fall, however, I am not sure because some schools recommend you have all of them done before applying. However, others allow you to have some outstanding while applying still. I was just wondering, would it be beneficial to take these classes again just in case they counted in the gpa calculations, or would I be better off applying earlier.

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

I would retake them regardless just in case you end up having to reapply. It also depends on when your deadlines are. If they're in the spring they would count in your GPA calculations.

Some schools will calculate GPA with the retake grades only. Some will take an average of the good and bad grade. Some will ignore retakes. Anything that improves your candidacy is a good thing.

Retake the classes you need to retake and apply where you want to apply. Submit your application as soon as possible. Don't worry about outstanding classes. They "recommend" but do not require that you have those classes completed.

Kevin