Retaking Prereqs..

Started by DaRNell
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DaRNell

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a time limit on when you took your medschool prereqs?

If I retake some of the classes without the lab component, would the medschools look down on that? I want to retake some classes to up my science gpa and to prep for the mcats. But thinking back to the first time around, now working full time i don't have the time for the labs and lab work.
 
I actually did this. I retook general chemistry because it had been a long time since I had taken it. You will need to be very strong in the sciences to do well on the MCAT. I did not retake the labs though. It also helped boost my GPA a little to take more science classes but unfortunately once you have over 100 college hours the GPA moves VERY slowly. Good luck in your journey.