Retaking the DAT, need help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amethyst

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm new here so I really need your help.
I took the DAT in July and did bad. I want to take it again in late October. If I want to get into NYU, Columbia or Stony brook in Fall 2009, do you think October is too late? The schools have my application and all the required information, all i need to do is submit my new score.

Please help me and thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
many schools will place your application on hold to give you a chance to retake. Unfortunately some schools just say thanks but no thanks even if you plan to retake. good luck.

NYU and Columbia told me that they will hold the application but Stony brook didn't promise anything. But the problem is that i was talking to admissions, if i could talk to someone else who can guarantee me that the applications will be put aside and that I am not late with my retake, then i would have been very happy. But I wish someone could tell me if late October is too late for a retake :confused:

The best thing to do is to call the schools and ask. If it is too late to retake, then you are better off waiting and studying more and then retaking for Fall '10. Goodluck!

Members don't see this ad :)
it really depends on your other stats. If your gpa and other ECs are excellent than most schools will probably put your app. on hold until your new DAT scores gets processed but if your stats are not so hot, they may just say don't bother. But October is not too late at all.