retaking the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RING12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi every one i wanted to know do you think i have any chance for this year? i can take the test on 26th november.i do not know what should i do? should i forget this year and apply next year again??
i started studying again. but i do not know i do not what is the right thing ???

please give me some suggestions that what you guys think?:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

if your GPA is stellar and you have good EC as well as Dental experiences I'd say go for it. apply and when you take your DAT in November, contact the school to let them know you took it and they will usually allow you to either email or fax them your scores until the official report arrive. THat is of course, if youre confident that your scores will be 20+ across the board.
lots of schools have deadlines later than Dec. anyway, your chances are a little lower with late application but you will still have a chance. Plus best of all if, BIG IF you don't get in this year and you reapply your chances of getting in multiplied because re-applying shows your dedication to the profession (assuming your GPA and scores are decent). I have a friend who reapplied after retaking the DAT a second time.. her scores were 18/19/18 but she got into all the schools she re-applied to ( UPENN, TEMPLE, NYU, STONY, BUFFALO, MD,NJ, PITTS, BU, plus a couple of schools in Texas) . She picked Temple and just started her first year this sept.