retaking the DAT =(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalchick2016

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, my scores werent pretty and I need to know what materials i need to use to relearn gchem and math word problems. I'm thinking about getting destroyer but how much do you think I can improve by using that? I need something to practice alot and to tell me how i did things wrong so I can learn...will destroyer do that? what about DATqVault?

Scores
18 Bio/15Gchem/17Ochem/18 Pat/22 RC/15 QR 17AA, 17TS

So is there any hope to get into these schools with those scores? I definitely plan on retaking the DAT anyways.
ASDOH
MOSDOH
Baylor University
Creighton University
UMKC
Oklahoma
LECOM
Case

I feel like crap, but was semi-prepared to have to retake just in case.
Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I had similar science scores to yours (16GC and 17OC) and I used Chad's and Destroyer to bring it up to a 20GC and 21OC. So I would definitely recommend those 2 sources if you are going to retake.

Hey I had similar science scores to yours (16GC and 17OC) and I used Chad's and Destroyer to bring it up to a 20GC and 21OC. So I would definitely recommend those 2 sources if you are going to retake.

thanks for the information! Sounds like i should invest in chad's videos. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, Chad's and Destroyer are a lethal combo for GC and OC but don;t get down on yourself if the destroyer destroys you lol bc it will the first time through it.

Nice reading comprehension. How did you prepare for it?! && what methods did you use?

So, my scores werent pretty and I need to know what materials i need to use to relearn gchem and math word problems. I'm thinking about getting destroyer but how much do you think I can improve by using that? I need something to practice alot and to tell me how i did things wrong so I can learn...will destroyer do that? what about DATqVault?

Scores

So is there any hope to get into these schools with those scores? I definitely plan on retaking the DAT anyways.
ASDOH
MOSDOH
Baylor University
Creighton University
UMKC
Oklahoma
LECOM
Case

Thanks everyone!

Nice reading comprehension. How did you prepare for it?! && what methods did you use?

sorry late feedback, but you know its a funny story.RC has ALWAYS been my weak link on the ACT and big tests from middle school, etc. And I have to say that all I did to get this score was that the subject matter of the reading was all geared toward science/dentistry. I loved reading it and I actually read each passage very quickly....they are about 15-17 paragraphs long and i got through them, reading as much detail as possible w/o leaving too much info out, in 7-9 minutes...then each passage had about 17 questions to follow and I just used my memory to quickly search for the answers that I'd already read. If you make yourself actively read and be interested in the material (which is whats hard most of the time) then you will do well. The questions werent hard. I never really practiced for it like the other sections of the test, but i did do a couple kaplan practice reading tests just to help me see how fast and well I can retain the information. you get 60 minutes, so break each passage w/ questions into 20 minute time frame....use half of that to read the passage and the other half to answer the questions. Hope that helps!

Yes, you should definitely get Chad's videos...it will help you out tremendously....looking at the scores, it seems to me that you are not understanding the basic concept of gchem (in my opinion).

If you watch all Chad's videos, I assure you that you can probably increase your score above a 20.
Also, along with Chad's videos, get DATqvault and destroyer and practice practice practice!
Be able to do all the calculations as well as understand all the fundamental concepts of gchem!

Good luck!!!

Scores

ASDOH
MOSDOH
Baylor University
Creighton University
UMKC
Oklahoma

LECOM
Case

Thanks everyone!

I just took the DAT and have scores similar to yours. I'm planning on applying this cycle and retaking the DAT. Do you think waiting till your second DAT scores come in hurts the acceptance chances a lot?