Retaking the PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ethylene

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I need some advice. I got my June PCAT scores, but I'm not sure if I should retake them....

Verbal 99
Biology 65
Reading comprehension 79
Quantitative 72
Chemistry 83
Composite 89

I know that the Bio was going to be bad (I haven't taken bio yet!) and I ran out of time on the quantitative. Are theses grades good enough? Or should I retake?

Members don't see this ad.

Ethylene said:
Hey everyone I need some advice. I got my June PCAT scores, but I'm not sure if I should retake them....

Verbal 99
Biology 65
Reading comprehension 79
Quantitative 72
Chemistry 83
Composite 89

I know that the Bio was going to be bad (I haven't taken bio yet!) and I ran out of time on the quantitative. Are theses grades good enough? Or should I retake?
Save your money .89 is above average

Ethylene said:

Verbal 99
Biology 65
Reading comprehension 79
Quantitative 72
Chemistry 83
Composite 89

Geez Louise, I can only wish I had your problem! Are you crazy?

Ethylene said:

Verbal 99
Biology 65
Reading comprehension 79
Quantitative 72

Chemistry 83
Composite 89

89 is great score, I think you will get in with that. But you have to wait until next year anyway before you will be accepted, so if you have the funds and you dont mind, take it again. It wont hurt you, especially after you take Biology. If you take it again and get a 95 or something close to that, you will almost be guaranteed a spot. Anyways, Good Luck!

Ethylene said:

Verbal 99
Biology 65
Reading comprehension 79
Quantitative 72
Chemistry 83
Composite 89

That's a great composite!! I think you scored above avg. on each of the individual sections. I wouldn't take it again if I were you; unless you really feel you're lacking in major areas like G.P.A., work experience and such.