Retaking the PCAT

Started by chemguy79
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chemguy79

New Member
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who have taken the PCAT previously, I was wondering what changes, if any, were you making for this attempt at the exam? Different study materials, focusing on certain topics, etc.?
 
For those who have taken the PCAT previously, I was wondering what changes, if any, were you making for this attempt at the exam? Different study materials, focusing on certain topics, etc.?

yep, i'm retaking it in 2 days...I was hoping to get higher marks on the quantitative and verbal+reading, i only studied from the kaplan book before.
i bought many new books on math: schaum's outline on calculus and precalculus, algebra...& dr collin's. I didn't finish studying though, and at this stage I think i'm still very nervous about math, haven't practiced some topics for a few days and everything just seems strange. well i should only hope that i still remember everything on biol and chem...
still need to prepare for 3 interviews coming after my PCAT...
 
For those who have taken the PCAT previously, I was wondering what changes, if any, were you making for this attempt at the exam? Different study materials, focusing on certain topics, etc.?

I'm retaking...I also only studied from Kaplan before, and as a result, I scored really high in bio but... did REALLY BAD on verbal&reading 🙁
So, even though I live in Canada, I ordered Dr.Collin's self study guide, which contained a lot of practice exams, unlke Kaplan.
I also bought some books for english improvement, (esp for vocab and reading)

Last Jaanuary, as a first year, I didn't even know any basic orgo (like sp2, sigma, pi bonds..etc) but now that I've taken orgoI (orgo II in progress), biochem and phys chem at school, I'm much more prepared than before.. (at least that's how i feel 🙁 )

For biology, I focused more on ecology, genetics.. etc than before because I realized that bio section isn't all about physiology (which I studied so hard before)
For math, I just reviewed dr.collin's material. I'm so nervous about this section because I always run out of time.

Overall, even though this isn't my first time writing, I'm SOOO nervous 🙁

anyways, good luck EVERYONE!!!
 
Last edited: