Retention Rates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeepValue

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any official data on retention rates for individual DO schools? As in the percentage of the starting class that makes it to graduation? I can't find specific data for each individual school and am just relying on hearsay/rumors that I've heard.

Members don't see this ad.

The better DO schools tend to have better retention rates (more resources to help students, less "inefficient" curriculum). Off the top of my head my friends lost around 10% of their matriculating class by the second year due to failing COMLEX too many times or just failing too many courses and another 2-3% by graduation. This was at "bottom tier" DO schools

Reactions: 1 user
Adding to the hear say but at my middle of the road DO school, we had maybe 5 students from the class or two above us become part of our class this year (OMS-2) and a similar number join the class below us or take LOA. Each class is about 180 students. I know of one student in my class who just didn’t show up after the first week first year.

Mental health and big life events like becoming a parent are the most common causes as far as I can discern.