Retinol / Retinyl Acetate - Raw material for skin cream

Started by Dathaeus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dathaeus

New Member
7+ Year Member
NO MEDICAL ADVICE
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all... I am trying to include some Vitamin A/Retinol to am organic skin cream mixture, and there seems to be SO many different type of retinol/retinyl acetate/palmitate, I am not sure what to get? I heard "retinol" is more effective than RA, but then what kiond of retinol? I see specs like

10% cosmetic
50% cosmetic
500000 IU/g
CAS 68-26-8
Purity: 99%+
medical grade

So this is maddening. Of course there are pros and cons to getting something too strong, due to skin irrititation etc... we are making mainstream, so what do the regular off the shelf creams use?

Thank you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.