Retook DAT, should I be concerned? QR down significantly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nikkithomas143

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I ended up doing a retake and was expecting to do a lot better than how it went. I actually ending up getting the exact same AA and TS. My main reason for retaking was to get my QR but it ended up going down. Concerned this will be a serious red flag for schools as it looks like a downward trend.

My scores on my first attempt were:
PAT: 20
RC: 20
QR: 16
BIO: 18
GC: 20
OC: 21
TS:20
AA: 19

My second attempt scores:
PAT: 20
RC: 19
QR: 14
BIO: 18
GC: 22
OC: 20
TS:20
AA: 19

I have around a 3.7 overall GPA with around 160 shadowing hours and pretty solid EC (and personal statement in my opinion). Should I be worried for applying to schools such as Tufts, BU, MWU, LECOM (around that caliber of schools) when obviously they will see both DAT attempts. Going back I sort of regret retaking but now whats done is done. Advice/thoughts would be so appreciated. Thank you guys so much.
 
Every school has a cutoff for subsections, but I would contact them and ask about the QR score to see what they would suggest. I got a very similar QR score as you, but this last attempt I used Math Destroyer and DATBooster and it really helped me raise my QR score more than what I was expecting. Good luck!