Retook the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

john9192

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
7/29

Bio:19
GC:20
OC:17
RC:16
QR:21
PAT:18
TS:19
AA:19

10/30
Bio:17:mad::mad:
GC:23
OC:23
RC:18
QR:21
PAT:18
TS:20
AA:20

I'm overall disappointed with my scores in BIO!!!!
Here's the breakdown

Bio:It was hell. I guessed around 15 questions. Questions I have never seen in any study materials (current research topics)
GC:Almost no calculations. Straight forward.
OC: many reaction and lab questions!!
RC: All of them were scientific passages. I ran out of time, as usual.
QR: I thought it was harder than last time!! know arcsin, arccos, and so on.
PAT: didn't study at all.

What do you guys think?? Two lowest scores on the two most important sections. Haha..O well. I have 3.56/3.43 GPA and submitted 5/30. I have so many rejections and 3 interviews so far! I hope to get more in the near future. Is that too low for Columbia by the way??? GL and PM me if you guys have ANY questions regarding with the DATs. I'll avoid giving out exact questions but help you guys with study tips and topics.

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, let me congratulate you on your scores. With the exception of bio, you improved in almost every section. Your AA and TS are something to be proud of.

Secondly, in your comments on QR you suggest we know arcsine and arccosine. Is it more complicated than, "Find arcsine 0.5" or "Find arccosine of sqt3/2"?

REH

Members don't see this ad :)
Well done on the re-take! As for Columbia, well, I have similar scores - 20/21/18 and a 3.6/3.7 cum/sci gpa and haven't heard back :(

My main study material for the second time was focusing on Kaplan for GC and OC ONLY! After getting all the foundations, I did the destroyer. I think it is very important to know all of the basics for those two sections b/c there are so many conceptual questions.
For bio, I only used Destroyer. the first time I took it, I saw about ~15 questions similar to questions in the destroyer but this time, I only saw about ~3. Anyways, GL to those of you who are planning on taking the test soon. Especially for people who are planning on retaking the exam, have faith!!