Returning back to school to complete prereqs

Started by akakelsy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

akakelsy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a degree though have decided to go back to school to complete prereqs to apply to pharmacy school; I have an overall 3.0 gpa with a low science gpa of 2.5 that follows me from my undergraduate courses ; If I retake the prereq classes that I have done badly as well as complete prereqs that I still need, will the schools overlook my low undergraduate gpa and take into consideration the new courses I will take/retake?

Thanks so much
 
It really depends from school to school. Some will just outright just calculate a GPA by themselves and just consider the higher grade while others will go with something similar to PharmCAS where all grades for a course will be averaged out. However retaking and scoring higher always has its benefits.
 
I have a degree though have decided to go back to school to complete prereqs to apply to pharmacy school; I have an overall 3.0 gpa with a low science gpa of 2.5 that follows me from my undergraduate courses ; If I retake the prereq classes that I have done badly as well as complete prereqs that I still need, will the schools overlook my low undergraduate gpa and take into consideration the new courses I will take/retake?

Thanks so much

Take the PCAT and report back to us.