returning student has a question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

George Rivello

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi folks, I just joined this forum and it seems fairly informative. I am in a unique situation where I am returning to school after 10 years. My Bachelors GPA is 2.8 ( a computer engineering degree ), and my new gpa is 4.0. Would committees look to see if there is a big temporal gap between old and new GPAs?

Or do they just look at overall and toss it on the pile if it is below 3.0? I figure i can raise my overall GPA somewhat, but it will take lots of years to get it to 3.5 or higher. My science GPA should be fairly high ( like 3.7 ) because I am taking biology, ochem, and so forth right now.