REU application question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psychology 76

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm applying to this one REU and it seems pretty consistent with my research interests and I feel qualified enough to have a decent shot of being accepted. However, one part asks for my SAT score. I had a terrible SAT score because I simply didn't care about high school academics. (It was in the high 900's) But there is a place on the application saying if any part of your academic record doesn't reflect your potential, please explain.

So my question is, should I say my SAT score and then just say I'm a better student now blah blah blah in the essay. Or should I leave it blank since I don't remember it exactly and say that I scored below my potential blah blah blah?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm kind of an odd and specificish type question I know. I figured it was worth a shot to post though :)

Hmm kind of an odd and specificish type question I know. I figured it was worth a shot to post though :)

Just be honest, if everything else is good, this will be ignored as noise. It's what you did... If you are a solid student with good grades, good research, and on the right track one bad score won't kill you. Explain it where you're given the opportunity.

Mark