Reuse old application materials?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stoicist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For secondaries that require photos, is it ok to reuse the photo I submitted the last time I applied? I essentially look the same even though it's from two years ago.

What about peer letters? Does it reflect poorly on me if I just send in the one from the last application?

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

stoicist said:
For secondaries that require photos, is it ok to reuse the photo I submitted the last time I applied? I essentially look the same even though it's from two years ago.

What about peer letters? Does it reflect poorly on me if I just send in the one from the last application?

What do you guys think?

My thought for you is that while your pic probably doesn't matter, send a new photo b/c the school wants to see the evolution of your resume and of you as a person. If you want to send the same peer letter, I would send an additional one (one more than they wanted). I personally wouldn't send the same letter, but I might have that person write you a new one. The thought here is that they wanted your apps to be improved. You have probably worked hard to do so, so why short yourself by showing them the same thing they saw two years ago. This is of course if you are applying to the same schools. But either way, they want to see who you are now.

stoicist said:

What do you guys think?
Medical schools deserve your best, hence, as an applicant, you deserve to try your best. Don't reiterate what you did last time round. Put your best foot forward. Best of luck.

My opinion is this. If it didnt get you in once, why would it now? Id start fresh.