LatePrePharm

2+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Is it ok to reuse the essay I used last year and just make edits to update it? I got into the schools I applied to last year, just decided not to matriculate for several reasons.

I noticed that they use Turn-it in down dot com so I assume it would pop up as a match. I just don't know if it will pop up as being mine. Or even if they will think it's lazy to rework the same essay

Reactions: 1 user

Blizzard1mage

5+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2012
purposeredeemed.com
If you turned in the exact same essay, I'd take it as being lazy. Or at least ask: You haven't learned or done anything this whole past year? But if you make significant edits to it, I don't see why that'd be a problem. Your reason for pursuing pharmacy school is unlikely to have changed. Good luck!

That's my two cents. Take it for what it is. I don't serve on admissions committees, so I don't know how they would perceive it.

Amicable Angora

Lagomorpha
7+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Is it ok to reuse the essay I used last year and just make edits to update it? I got into the schools I applied to last year, just decided not to matriculate for several reasons.

I noticed that they use Turn-it in down dot com so I assume it would pop up as a match. I just don't know if it will pop up as being mine. Or even if they will think it's lazy to rework the same essay

I would change at least 20% of it.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.