LatePrePharm

2+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Is it ok to reuse the essay I used last year and just make edits to update it? I got into the schools I applied to last year, just decided not to matriculate for several reasons.

I noticed that they use Turn-it in down dot com so I assume it would pop up as a match. I just don't know if it will pop up as being mine. Or even if they will think it's lazy to rework the same essay

Reactions: Yearning

Blizzard1mage

5+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2012
purposeredeemed.com
If you turned in the exact same essay, I'd take it as being lazy. Or at least ask: You haven't learned or done anything this whole past year? But if you make significant edits to it, I don't see why that'd be a problem. Your reason for pursuing pharmacy school is unlikely to have changed. Good luck!

That's my two cents. Take it for what it is. I don't serve on admissions committees, so I don't know how they would perceive it.

Amicable Angora

Lagomorpha
7+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2012
Status
Pharmacist
Is it ok to reuse the essay I used last year and just make edits to update it? I got into the schools I applied to last year, just decided not to matriculate for several reasons.

I noticed that they use Turn-it in down dot com so I assume it would pop up as a match. I just don't know if it will pop up as being mine. Or even if they will think it's lazy to rework the same essay
I would change at least 20% of it.

About the Ads