Review Questions for Surgery Shelf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uthopeful

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if doing the following review questions for surgery would be too many, I start my surgery rotation-8weeks next week and was not sure if I am overestimating how much time I will have to study. I have searched a number of threads and am planning on doing the following

Text-Kaplan Notes, Surgical Recall, Lawerence as a reference only

Questions- Pretest, Lange Case files, Plantium Vignettes, NMS Cases

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you can get through all of that, my hat goes off to you. However, you're going to be working something like 10-14 hours a day, most of it on your feet in the OR, so you may not be able to get through all of that. My best suggestion is to make a schedule and try your best to stick to it because you're going to be exhausted when you get home most times.

Also, personally, I did not find PreTest helpful for the shelf since it focuses more on how to perform a procedure, which will not be on the shelf. The shelf is more medicine in that they want you to know what the patient has and whether or not they need surgery, not what type of surgery they need. I've also heard that there are many mistakes.

I hope this is somewhat helpful. Good luck to you.

uthopeful said:
I was wondering if doing the following review questions for surgery would be too many, I start my surgery rotation-8weeks next week and was not sure if I am overestimating how much time I will have to study. I have searched a number of threads and am planning on doing the following

Text-Kaplan Notes, Surgical Recall, Lawerence as a reference only

Questions- Pretest, Lange Case files, Plantium Vignettes, NMS Cases

Thanks

recall is good to keep in ur pocket and to read before a case

case files is great but there aren't many questions in there

surgery was one of my better shelfs mainly beause i took it after medicine.

i did appleton & lange questions