Revised PCAT

Started by Cyn0612
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cyn0612

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've heard that the PCAT has been revised in 2006 or 2007? Which areas have been changed?? I also need to find out which study guides are most compatible with the new PCAT, what subjects of biology should I study or not study? I have the biology book that I used for Gen Bio I and II.

Also, is Dr. Collins' study guide packet revised for the newest PCAT?

Thanks.
 
I've heard that the PCAT has been revised in 2006 or 2007? Which areas have been changed?? I also need to find out which study guides are most compatible with the new PCAT, what subjects of biology should I study or not study? I have the biology book that I used for Gen Bio I and II.

Also, is Dr. Collins' study guide packet revised for the newest PCAT?

Thanks.


They took out all Geometry related questions in the math section. There are two writing sections now instead of one. You start the test with one of the writing sections and then the second one is towards the middle of the exam.

Your general Biology book might help with SOME of the Bio section, but there are a lot of Anatomy/Physiology questions so you'll need more references than the Gen Bio book.
 
Bumping to know more. I took the PCAT in 2005 and did pretty well. I decided to postpone school to start a family and am taking it again in a few weeks. Other than less geometry and two writing sections is anything else different? Thanks!