revoked much?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uoppredent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so has anyone been or know anyone that has been revoked from UoP dental school because of post-acceptance grades? they want B or better post acceptance! :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

my friend got a C after their acceptance...and uop just told them not to do it again. :) hope you'll be just as fortunate!

I don't personally know anyone who has had it happen but our administration said they have in the past revoked acceptances for Cs.

Members don't see this ad :)
i heard they're pretty strict on that but i'm not too sureeee

why not try to get at least a B- or better? i mean.. i guess if **** happens... like it did to me... as a last resort you can call and explain what happened during fall quarter... but just make sure for winter quarter/spring semester u don't slack off too much... :thumbup:

why not try to get at least a B- or better? i mean.. i guess if **** happens... like it did to me... as a last resort you can call and explain what happened during fall quarter... but just make sure for winter quarter/spring semester u don't slack off too much... :thumbup:

oh...so you gave them a call and they said you were okay?

They will, and should, revoke your acceptance due to unsatisfactionary performance.

They will, and should, revoke your acceptance due to unsatisfactionary performance.

True.

Especially for all those lazy asses that pushed the hard classes until their last quarter/semester so their GPA wouldn't drop. :rolleyes:

UoP is a competitive school. I bet if you are good enough to get in there, then you are good enough to A's in your last two semesters, but they let you get B's to give you some breathing room.

Anyway if you can't keep a B average in a college semester then dental school will be a real wake-up call for you. My first semester of dental school contained 27.5 credit hours including Biochemistry, Physiology, Embryology, Neuroanatomy, and several dental classes too. Those making below a 3.0 were in the bottom quarter of the class.

hahaha i think it's still a bit harsh to revoke someone with just one C+
but yeah i'm being the usual immature teenager like couple years ago when i had senioritis from high school. just hope they're not too strict, but the class was tough too

hahaha i think it's still a bit harsh to revoke someone with just one C+
but yeah i'm being the usual immature teenager like couple years ago when i had senioritis from high school. just hope they're not too strict, but the class was tough too

How is it harsh to revoke someones acceptance if you followed the prereqs but not the postreqs? There's thousands of qualified people who will take the spot. Nevertheless, best of luck :luck:

How is it harsh to revoke someones acceptance if you followed the prereqs but not the postreqs? There's thousands of qualified people who will take the spot. Nevertheless, best of luck :luck:

i called them and they said i'm fine :] haha
but man i'm so lazy...maybe it's cuz i'm still a 2nd year undergrad. hopefully at dent school i can start studying harder...cuz the way i'm doing right now, i'm dead at dent school next year :eek: