Rfu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TMP-SMX

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
RFU sent me an interview invite today for either March 27/29. Now I have already been accepted to my in state school Wayne State University since November. Does RFU offer any decent scholarships? In addition, is there any point in going to an interview so late in the season? Do they even have any spots left besides waitlist spots? I see on their little calendar thing that March isn't even on the interview bar.

So what's going on with RFU, and why did they decide to interview me now? Other than my Drexel interview in October, no other school besides Wayne has offered an interview. I will probably withdraw from all of the schools besides Wayne soon, but I was wondering if there was any truth behind the whole scholarship "negotiation" deal. Private schools are usually pretty decent with offering scholarships, but apparently RFU is not one of those. Wayne is public, so I doubt there is much in the way of money to give out. So perhaps this pursuit is pointless anyway and I should just withdraw from all of the other schools and not bother with this interview.

Members don't see this ad.

RFU sent me an interview invite today for either March 27/29. Now I have already been accepted to my in state school Wayne State University since November. Does RFU offer any decent scholarships? In addition, is there any point in going to an interview so late in the season? Do they even have any spots left besides waitlist spots? I see on their little calendar thing that March isn't even on the interview bar.

So what's going on with RFU, and why did they decide to interview me now? Other than my Drexel interview in October, no other school besides Wayne has offered an interview. I will probably withdraw from all of the schools besides Wayne soon, but I was wondering if there was any truth behind the whole scholarship "negotiation" deal. Private schools are usually pretty decent with offering scholarships, but apparently RFU is not one of those. Wayne is public, so I doubt there is much in the way of money to give out. So perhaps this pursuit is pointless anyway and I should just withdraw from all of the other schools and not bother with this interview.

I interviewed at both schools. And if i had a choice i would go to wayne. especially if I were in-state and have to pay 10K less (not to mention the savings if you live with family in detroit).

If you have time and money, i would go visit the school. if not you wont regret your choice.

From what I know, RFU is not the place to go if you're lookin for financial help--I also recommend sticking with Wayne if that's a major concern.

I did enjoy my interview at RFU, and will likely be there--pending my in-the-mail UIC decision. It seems like a solid place to be, but there's nothing that shouts out to me "Convince him to leave Wayne and be there instead."

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah that's what I am thinking. I wasn't really thinking about not going to Wayne since I will be able to live at home since I'm about 30 minutes from Wayne. I was just wondering about RFU. Since I'm hearing more and more that they aren't exactly generous with financial aid packages I don't think there is much benefit to me other than seeing their facilities and going through the interview experience. However, I'm not sure it's worth the plane ticket or gas for driving depending on which I would do and also the hotel payment.

Thanks for the advice. Good luck to you with the rest of the cycle! :)

are they still giving out interview invites?

hey tmp-smx, congrats on your acceptance. just wondering when you were complete at RFU, as I'm waiting to hear from them as well

RFU takes there jolly sweet time. I interviewed in October, and have neither been accepted nor rejected yet. However, they were going to leave me in the dark. I had to solicite that much info.

they originally had the timeline (the one u were talking about) indicating interviews conducted into feb...

they JUST changed it to march...

i guess they are a little behind...

just thought u might need this info to make ur decision...

TMP, I was wondering at what time of the day did RFU e-mail you for an invite?

Yeah that's what I am thinking. I wasn't really thinking about not going to Wayne since I will be able to live at home since I'm about 30 minutes from Wayne. I was just wondering about RFU. Since I'm hearing more and more that they aren't exactly generous with financial aid packages I don't think there is much benefit to me other than seeing their facilities and going through the interview experience. However, I'm not sure it's worth the plane ticket or gas for driving depending on which I would do and also the hotel payment.

Thanks for the advice. Good luck to you with the rest of the cycle! :)

people do get offered scholarships at RFU.